cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Assignments List on Student User Frontpage

Missing Assignments List on Student User Frontpage

0 Kudos
(4)

In order to see assignments with a Missing status, students must click on Grades. Instead, the list of missing assignments should be on their front page.

The idea is to have a separate "Missing" assignments list above the To Do list on the front page of all students.

13 Comments
Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

JoseParra

Add an assignment list under the student's profile, or just add a missing assignments list for each class. And/or.

JoseParra

missing assignment list*

klbfain

Great idea! Better to have that "in their face"  then have them need to click "grades" to see it. 

layeranMATH

YES. My students would really benefit from a way to view all their missing work, vs. just the missing work within individual courses. There are too many clicks to see what is missing from math and from history and from music. 

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

@layeranMATH if you haven't discovered the to-do list via list-view in the dashboard, you may want to see if it helps with this. 

kathryn_wheeloc

Yes, this would be helpful!

rtbehm

On the left side bar there should be a place where students can see all missing assignments that need to be done for all classes

gnoack
Community Champion

If it's added, I would like it to be an optional setting that instructors can turn on.  In higher ed, many faculty don't accept late work, or have very specific rules about it. So this would be one more thing cluttering up the home page, and would confuse students who might think they have the option to complete late work. 

In fact, many faculty at my institution would love to be able to turn off the To do list, as well. Students focus on that list instead of engaging in content provided in the modules. They only read and do what's listed in the list. It's a pretty big problem for us. 

SheritaFlowers

Im sorry , I dont see a way to respond to the email I just received. In this area for " Students" on the site and the mobil app. Students have to scroll through all assignments to see whats missing . In the arrange by section , it would be resourceful for students to itemize whats missing . I am asked this alot whats missing , how many assignments required to make up etc. and can definitely go through the info with them . Just thought if they could filter " Missing" only it can give a broad view instantly. I am clear on how to review from the instructor roster / grades area . 

Student View.PNG

CanvasUser12341

I would like to see a Grades page, like the existing one, but be able to group results by Course instead of having to select a single one and then be able to filter by Status to just show missing/late assignments, for example.

The use case is that, as a parent, my most regular activity on Canvas is going in and checking that my children are keeping up with their assignments. I currently have to do 36 click-throughs and a bunch of scrolling to get this picture.

Another thing that would be useful is this sort of summary of all classes and just their Grade Total. This sort of "Transcript" or Grade Summary page seems like it would be the most used page for users and it is really surprising that this functionality is not currently present (I cannot see it anyway).

With those two views I can quickly check if my children have missing assignments and also see a summary of how they're doing overall. With that context, I could then dig deeper using the current Grades functionality.

Really, this seems like a primary scenario for both parents and students.

gm7

There should be a tab in canvas that shows all missing work for all classes in one place (in order of when they were due) with late work included. This would make work a lot easier to keep up with so that students do not have to switch between each class 

SaucySauce

I think you should add a tab for like all your missing assignments. So like if I have 2 missing assignments in math and 5 in ELA  to make it easier to access the missing assignments you can combine them from all your classes under a tab.