[Mobile - Canvas Student] Canvas App Font for Accessibility (Best Practice)

0 Likes
(1)

I am a university student with disabilities.

This morning, upon opening the app, Canvas prompted me to choose a theme.  After the pop-up disappeared, I found that the font in the app had changed sometime overnight.  It is now either the light or thin version of the Lato font.

On my Android phone, this font is too light for me to see my grades and course titles without difficulty.  Even selecting darker colors and trying both themes was not helpful.

The font that was used in the app before was easy enough to read, and having the option to get that back would be ideal.  If Lato is the desired font, it would be helpful to have Lato Regular used in place of the thin or light versions.

I cannot use the app for now, but I will check back before the fall term to see if options for a more readable font are added.

Thank you for considering my idea.

2 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.