Moderate to update in real time and provide useful information

0 Likes

When moderating a quiz (new quizzes) the Moderate tab does not update in realtime.  If I want to check who has submitted, I have to either click refresh on my browser, which then takes me to the build tab, or I have to select a subgroup of students in the drop down menu (e.g. Submitted) and then click back on Show All.  Also, when I look at the log there is next to no useful information.  It doesn't update in real time to show me which question each student is on (a meter showing percent complete would be useful) and it will state over and over that the student answered the same question over the span of several seconds.  Further, it doesn't say if the student stopped viewing the quiz.  Finally, having an item analysis update in real time will help with monitoring progress or spotting issues with questions. It's especially useful when you want to go over the quiz with your class immediately after.  Having to wait 24 hours for an item analysis for a 5 question quiz seems excessive.  (Would be even better if you could project the results of the quiz as you go through it, showing the percentage of students that selected each response like Socrative does. This really helps when reviewing quizzes as a class.)

1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing this feedback about New Quizzes, @tljy . The idea description contains multiple suggestions, at least one of which is already the topic of conversation in this forum, so we won't be able to move the idea forward in its current form. Please add your support to  Quiz and Item analysis needs to be faster  and read through How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community? for guidance on searching for existing ideas and then writing idea prompts that have a specific, singular focus.