Modify Assignment Status in 1 click in Gradebook view.

0 Likes
(4)

When viewing assignments in the gradebook, it is very time consuming and clunky to change the assignment status for a student. If I need to change for multiple students and/or over multiple assignments, it takes an unnecessarily long time to do them all individually by student and then by assignment. Perhaps the status toggles could also be applied to a selection of students for one assignment, or a selection of assignments for 1 student) by selecting several cells at once, then having a way to change the status for all of them at once. I sometimes need to make changes to a group of students, due to transfers into the class mid-grading period, or other special circumstances, all at one time, and it is incredibly cumbersome.  

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

JDimakos
Community Member

Is there a way to up vote this? I could not agree more. I am trying to turn all of our curriculum digital to have it available for any reason a student may have to not be in class. I did not even realize it still marked it missing when I have given a grade for something that was done on paper. 

A work around I am using for now is having a text box option for students to type "submitted on paper" but having a status change option like the ones mentioned above would be very very helpful. 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@JDimakos 

Thanks for adding your example and current workaround; those will be very helpful in the evaluation process. You can add the appropriate rating to the idea by clicking the stars that display directly below the idea description.

dorph31
Community Member

The lack of ability to batch adjust a status in the grade book is one of the biggest complaints I get at my site as a new Canvas district. Please consider this for implementation.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.