Module/Assignment Publish Icon Improvements

0 Likes
(1)

Often times I find myself tinkering with offline modules. Making assignments, tweaking lessons, you name it. After editing an assignment I often click “save and publish” and get the green check mark on the side in my Module tab. However, sometimes I forget to publish the module because I see that green check, and automatically assume it is posted. My suggestion is to change the color of the publish check to yellow when the assignment is published, but the module isn’t. This will save the hassle of working on a module, saving and publishing the assignments, and forgetting to publish the module because you see green checks by the assignments and assume students can see them. 

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. 

3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

@KyleCasanover That was a great Ted Talk: short, and right to the point. 🙂 As your idea moves forward for additional discussion, you might be interested in adding your thoughts to a related idea about unpublished modules and the unpublished content within:  Published/Not Published Indicator Icon

Nancy_Webb_CCSF
Community Champion
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived