Module Completion Report

0 Likes
(7)

I work in residence life at my institution. With COVID we have switched significantly in our training to use Canvas modules. What would be helpful is a module completion report that lets me look at all student's at once (like Gradebook or an Excel/CSV download) rather than having to go student by student.

9 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

kimberley
Community Explorer

Have you tried the Mark Export report?

You can export into excel and filter by course, section and % overall mark for the course.

mdgromlich
Community Member

When you add requirements for modules, you can see Student Progress. However, it would be great to be able to get a downloadable report instead of having to click on each student.

Thanks!

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

cindyk
Community Participant

I would also like to know the day/time a requirement was completed.  Right now, I'm okay with knowing what a student still needs to do.  However, I tie incentives to completing work so I need to know when requirements are completed, not just if.  Right now, if something is completed, it does not appear at all.  I would need to take before and after snapshots to see what progress was made within a specific window of time - not interested in that kind of time investment.

Since my classes are fairly small right now due to hybrid learning, I can easily check all my students.  Once we leave hybrid, a summary report would be nice, showing which students earned their checkmarks for each module, given a start/end time that includes today.

benlterry
Community Member

What I would like is a one page view of who has completed training/lessons rather than clicking through individual names on the “progress” tab.

DanBurgess
Community Participant

We would really like to see the ability to generate, at a minimum, a CSV report. 
For large courses, checking in the UI on a student-by-student basis is burdensome. 

adrian_emerson
Community Member

Modules are an integral element of course delivery and assessment.  However, for larger cohorts of learners it is very difficult to monitor learners' module progress and overall completion.  Could we please have a module completion report (grouped by sections)?

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.