Module Mass Delete

(2)

I recently experienced a course template containing 40+ modules; however, the reality that instructors needed all 40 modules were highly unlikely. The instructors have to go in and delete the modules they do not need for their specific course. Adding an option to mass delete multiple modules at once instead of one at a time would be a great way for instructors to save time and energy, especially in the rare event that course templates are created with 40+ modules. 

10 Comments
tnwi225
Community Novice
Status changed to: Open

clegrand7
Community Novice

The best way that I've see to do it is to click collapse all at the top of the module page and then you'll see more modules per page and won't have to scroll as much.

adamboyce
Community Participant

When deleting a module, we should have the OPTION to delete its contents as well. Otherwise we are potentially left with a bunch of different pages, assignments, discussions, etc that an instructor might've thought they already got rid of. A separate option that is NOT the same, would be a multi-select operation to copy/delete learning objects in the Modules Index. 

rachel_kenning
Community Member

I need this too!

McTurkBetti
Community Novice

Please work on batching process, In Canvas everything has to be done one by one. If you want to delete the items in the Module, you have to do it one by one. It is a pain! A big pain. Same thing for linking MindTap to Canvas. I have to move 495 items to move one by one! Please do something about it.

McTurkBetti
Community Novice

Please work on batching process, In Canvas everything has to be done one by one. If you want to delete the items in the Module, you have to do it one by one. It is a pain! A big pain. Same thing for linking MindTap to Canvas. I have to move 495 items to move one by one! Please do something about it.

UofTeacher
Community Novice

I need this, we all need this. Honestly stupefied it doesn't exist, Canvas should be embarrassed... it would be so simple to implement, and people have been asking for it for years. Do better!

jeanne_white
Community Member

Yes! Canvas needs a batch delete option. The hugest waste of time to delete modules that I no longer need.

tina_christophe
Community Participant
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived