Module navigation is cumbersome

0 Likes
(4)

In each module I have various pages and files for readings, lecture slides, assignments, etc..  Navigating through the module is very klunky and requires many extra keystrokes that it should.

For example, if I click on an assignment in Module 1, I can read the assignment.  If I then want to read the Class Lectures slides, I have to exit the assignment file, then click on modules, then click on the module I am looking for, then go to the Lecture slides.

We SHOULD be able to return to the module from where we were -- in other words, the breadcrumbs should follow the module structure (like you have Product/ Roadmap/ Idea Conversations/ New Idea).

This is especially annoying when I am setting up a course and need to do my quality control check on readings and lecture slides, etc. to confirm that everything is ready to go.

(I have no idea if this suggestion is somewhere in the 131 pages of suggestions that you have).

Tags (1)
5 Comments
zwxq
Community Explorer

EVERY page should have EVERY left side bar item visible for full one-click navigation.

CanvasDocTeam
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

casey_lim
Community Member

I have text in my module pages that are like breadcrumbs.

It shows every page in each module.

Is there a way to get this feature in as a plugin?

____ example page contents  ____

p > Home | 1.1 | 1.2 | 1.3 | 1.4 | 1.5 (these are linked text)

p > Page text

ellisonl15
Community Participant
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived