[Modules] Persistent Course Header

0 Likes
(6)

One aspect of having even two tabs open during a course redesign is that I often have to scroll way back up to the top of the modules page to make sure I'm doing work in the right course. It's a small issue, but over time does take start to crash into my workflow - and I'm imagining I'm not alone here.

Throwing this idea out there, but would it be possible to make the course header at the top of the module page persistent and sticky, so that when scrolling down the title of the course stays at the top of the navigation.

As an example, this is a screenshot of an internal Instructional Design Resources page that our team shares. As-is, the course title "Instructional Design Resources" is at the top, next to the hamburger menu.

On Load.png

If a module is then opened, in this case HTML Testing Module, then the course title disappears.

On Scroll.png

We are in the midst of redesigning 200+ courses under a Title Three grant, and often have to toggle between the most-recent live version of a course and the sandbox. From a certain perspective, even though the live course content was imported into the sandbox, there are always those little things that come up when cleaning out course content and files that we need to double back on.

Thanks for considering!

Chris

5 Comments
swynn
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

BrendaHoolapa
Community Member

I agree this would be a great feature - I also have to always navigate back to top to ensure I'm editing the correct course -not like instructors would ever have to multi-task and get distracted!  : )

TimothyMaw
Community Explorer

Yes, please. I have lost which course I am in several a time and this would really be helpful.

BrigitteDonlon
Community Novice

Please add this feature.  I have different tabs open with Canvas and often lose my place of which course I'm in.  Please, please, please. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.