[Modules] Modules need a "Lock After" Feature

I would like to suggest that Modules have a "Lock After" feature. Right now we can "Lock Until," but I like to show all modules and then I want them to disappear to the students after the due date has passed.

Added to Theme

Enable Differentiated Learning at Scale Theme Status: In Development

16 Comments
MCSJCunningham
Community Member

There is a luck until date for modules but it would be extremely helpful if there was also a lock date and time for the entire module.  This would not only save the time of putting a lock date on every assignment if it is all the same but it would (hopefully) turn off navigation controls for the module allowing a student who did not do the previous module to move on since they no longer have access to the previous assignments.

hbrown5018
Community Participant

I'm bringing this up again. There needs to be a LOCK AFTER date for modules. Why isn't this an option yet? Curious minds want to know...especially an ID's! 😉 Thanks, Heather 

ahuffer
Community Member

I second this idea. I want to be able to lock the MODULE rather than have to go in and lock each individual assignment once a 9 week grading period ends.

ahuffer
Community Member

I would like the ability to lock entire modules (rather than their contents individually) once a grading period has ended.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

EmilyCutrell
Community Member
Problem statement:

Since I don't know when the final date of a Module will be until the end of the Module, I cannot put an end date on assignments until the end of the Module.

Proposed solution:

We need a Lock after option that allows us to lock the entire module (and automatically lock all assignments in it) at the end of the module, so students cannot submit late assignments from 93 days ago!!!

User role(s):

instructor