[Mobile - Canvas Teacher] Modules tab in Canvas Teacher app

Currently the Canvas Teacher app does not allow teachers to view, rearrange, edit, or publish their modules in a site. It would be great if, at a minimum, Teachers could view a site's modules like students can in the Student app (it is unclear why this is unavailable to staff). However, ideally the app would also let Teachers edit, rearrange, and publish their modules and the items within them.

Modules are a crucial part of Canvas. Our teaching staff use them to structure learning materials, assignments, quizzes, pages, and other information for students across the teaching period. It would be highly beneficial for them to be able to manage this remotely using their mobile devices.

Two example use cases:

1. If there is an item or module that is unpublished, and a student emails the teacher because they cannot access it, the mobile app should allow the teacher to go in and publish the materials quickly and easily (similarly, if there is something that should no longer be published to students, the teacher should be able to quickly amend this).

2. If an assignment or discussion needs to be moved from one module to another, so that it's clear to students when it needs to be completed, this should also be possible in a mobile application.

Added to Theme

29 Comments
rgcummings
Community Explorer

Current Status:

You can now view course modules from the teacher mobile app.  In this current view, you can see if a module is published or not. (see image)

Current Teacher app view of modulues

Proposed Enhancement:

From the mobile view where you can see if a module is published or not, you should allow the teacher to tap on the icon to publish or unpublished that module. This is the next easy enhancement for the teacher app.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

rgcummings, when the Modules enhancement was added to Canvas Teacher in May, we elected to keep this idea open for voting and consider it partially completed in light of the original request:

Currently the Canvas Teacher app does not allow teachers to view, rearrange, edit, or publish their modules in a site.

Since this request already encompasses the request to publish modules through the app, it's not necessary to create a new idea.

jennifer_garwoo
Community Explorer

Yes- this would be very helpful. If I'm not at my computer but forgot to publish something, this would be easy to fix on the fly.

ClaireBorja
Community Explorer

Yes this should be adapated.

JimFitch
Community Member

Please provide the ability to publish modules from the teacher app.

araceli_martell
Community Member

I was going to ask how the issue of publishing a module from the teacher APP was resolved, and I was brought back to this thread... I can't believe that it is still an "In progress" issue. This is a recurring issue since  2018... wow... its October 2023. To have to be at my school computer, (at home I only use the Ipad) in order to publish a module so students can turn work in is ridiculous.

Rebelrona
Community Explorer

Wow. This has gone on for 4 years and still no ability to publish and rearrange from the app?  This is so essential. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme