More options to numerical answers in Quizzes 2

0 Likes
(1)

In my math class, I require students to label the units in their solutions. For example, a problem may have a solution of 36 feet per second, 42 miles per gallon, or 21 cubic centimeters. The labels are disallowed in numerical answers. I also need the ability to type fractions and mixed numbers in numerical answers. For example, 1/2, 1 3/4 etc. The virgule is disallowed in numerical answers and some fractions do not convert to decimals.

1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@arhees 

Thanks for sharing this idea. Please add your comments to the discussion underway at Option to require units (eg, meters) in numerical quiz answers . We've archived this one to remove the duplication and keep the conversation unified in one spot.

Your idea contains an additional request regarding fractions. Fractions can be created anywhere MathQuill is available, as described briefly in Typing a fraction in Math Quill . Accessing MathQuill for answer choices will require access to the Rich Content Editor for those question types. We have numerous conversations underway around those requests, so please search through Idea Conversations to find existing discussions to join.

Please take a moment to read through How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community?  to learn more about the how and why of singularly-focused conversations.