Move Calendar Events to a different Calendar

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Idea open for vote Wed. July 6, 2016 - Wed. October 5, 2016  Learn more about voting...

We have had several instance of users adding events or assignments to their personal calendar by mistake.  They had intended to add these to a course or class calendar.
It would be REALLY useful if these events could be moved to a different calendar.

When you edit an event we would like to see an option to provide a list of available calendars.

188270_edit event.jpgedit event.jpg

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2016-08-27)

10 Comments
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi Deactivated user​, and thank you for submitting this idea.

As someone who has made this mistake myself, I would find this feature to be very useful. In fact, when you create the event or assignment you have the option of choosing the Calendar, so when you edit it you should have the ability to change the calendar.

I did find a similar idea that was archived because it did not reach the voting threshold that you can review at

I will recommend that your idea open for voting during the next period, since I did not find any similar current ideas.

KLM

jordan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

188813_pastedImage_3.pngThank you for your Feature Idea submission. We wanted to call your attention to " modifiedtitle="true" title="Allow editing of calendar (i.e. course, group) for previously added ev...​ and    which were submitted in different voting periods, but archived due to lack of votes or inadequate response. You may want to reference these ideas for insight.

Since archived ideas can be re-submitted, your idea will be open for vote in the next voting cycle.

In the meantime, help your idea gain traction by posting a link to this idea in the comments of the other, archived idea (which will notify author and anyone who is following the idea) and share your idea to colleagues and peers as well.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. July 6, 2016 - Wed. October 5, 2016.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

hpalmersheim
Community Novice

It has been hard for me to believe that we haven't been able to get enough votes for this feature.  I will be doing my best to promote it once the teachers and students are back to school next month.

cbarger
Community Novice

This would be SO useful!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
  This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta How do I access the Canvas beta environment?

For more information, please read through the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2016-08-15)

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
  This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2016-08-27)

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

ROI.png

Thank you to  @rattenborough  for submitting this idea, as well as,  @hpalmersheim ​ &  @cbarger  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of the Canvas! Smiley Happy

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed