Move assignments without a due date to Dashboard / To Do

0 Likes

I am a student that uses the Dashboard section on desktop clients of Canvas and the To Do section on the mobile app in order to keep track of my homework assignments. However, sometimes teachers do not assign due dates in Canvas for assignments that still have them. It would be helpful to manually set a due date for an assignment or otherwise be able to force it into those sections of Canvas for it to appear where I check most often, instead of having to look within each specific course.

2 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Thanks for sharing this suggestion, @ThomasGala . Since the to-do list can only display items on which instructors have placed due dates, we recommend that students create their own to-do items for any other course activities that they think will need attention before a specific date. Instructions for creating to-do items are in  How do I add a to-do item in the Calendar as a stu... -

MadelynnDodds
Community Member

Better yet! Most assignments have a day/time when the assignment closes, this needs to be set so the day it closes, the program assigns that day as the due date. 😀