Move quiz questions in Canvas Studio

0 Likes
(5)

Currently if you create a quiz question in Canvas studio and you want to move it to a different place in the timeline you CANNOT!  You should be able to drag/drop or somehow be able to move a quiz question to a different time in case you created it and accidentally put it in the first minute but they wouldn't be able to answer it til they got all the way through watching the video

8 Comments
ctitmus
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

fkolarz
Community Explorer

I was looking for the same information.  It definitely would help if we can move questions within the video.  As of now it looks like the question has to be deleted and recreated in another part of the quiz. 

Adam88
Community Member

This should absolutely be a feature - whether it's by dragging the question icon to a new location on the video timeline, or editing the timestamp in the question editing pane.

Anything like this that is "undoable" turns me off making use of it.

Barnett
Community Member

I have had many teachers request this feature since our district started using studio! It would be great to have the option to move questions around. 

jenksbr
Community Member

It could link to a question bank as well. 

JodiWilson
Community Explorer

Yes, please!!!!!  In other platforms (like EdPuzzle), you can move questions AND you have precise control over the time mark.  We need both the ability to move a question anywhere within the video after it is created AND the ability to be more precise about where the question inserts. (Not all videos have a long pause at the point you want to insert a question.)

clue21
Community Member

If I want a five question quiz at the end of a video, it is not possible because each marker in the timeline only allows one question. In the video creation to I use, Camtasia, each quiz marker in the video refers to a separate quiz. Consequently, each question is a marker in the timeline which causes another problem. There is no way to expand the timeline in the editor. Therefore, there has to be a minimum amount of time between quiz questions so that the computer realizes I am not trying to edit the question already in the quiz.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.