[Speedgrader] Move the Next Arrow Down in SpeedGrader

I like SpeedGrader.  To make it faster, please move the "Next" arrow near the score input box.  I input a grade into the box and then move the mouse up to the top of the screen.  Not a big deal for one or two, but when there are 180 to grade, every second helps.  The J trick works only if you "tab" out of the boxes.  Maybe also consider another Next arrow near the submit comment button.

Comments from Instructure

The updates in the Canvas Release Notes (2023-04-15)  partially meet the request included in this thread.

7 Comments
wallacema
Community Member

I'm using SpeedGrader in Grade By Question mode, which is generally a win-win situation, with one exception:

These four items are in three different corners in SpeedGrader (Grade by Question mode), which seems absurd to me.  I spend most of my "grading" time moving the mouse all the way across the page to add comments, enter points, move to the next assignment and/or update scores.  Can't these be moved so that they are all adjacent - perhaps in the upper right corner?

Thanks!

wallacema
Community Member

Oops, I intended to include images of these in my original post:

lower left:

lower leftlower left

upper right:

Canvas_GradeEntryBox.jpg

lower right:

Canvas_UpdateScoresButton.jpg

upper right:

Canvas_GoToNextArrow.jpg

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

khoke
Community Member

I like this idea very much. I wish all developers would pay attention to how much cursor motion is needed to get through routine tasks. Canvas did not do so. However, I still am very much disappointed in all the extra steps needed to score simple short response questions. I would like to click on one of three buttons that correspond to zero credit, partial credit, and full credit. Only of the second of those would require me to enter a score by hand. The other two should automatically save the score and advance to the next item/student (depending on whether grade by student is enabled. I hate having to type in scores when I shouldn't need to, and all the extra mouse clicks are literally tiresome.

And as the original post notes: The "J" keyboard trick is essentially useless because the user has to activate another pane to enable keyboard shortcuts, so one may as well click on the arrow to advance to the next student.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
  Comments from Instructure

The updates in the Canvas Release Notes (2023-04-15) partially meet the request included in this thread.