Moving/Copying Multiple Questions

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

This request was archived (Question Banks: Move AND Copy Multiple Questions ). I am submitting it again with some additional information (visuals). We can currently move/copy questions from one question bank to another one at a time, and in the window that pops up you have the option to check "Keep a copy in this question bank as well" so that it doesn't just move the question to the other question bank, but copies it. In the question bank on the right, there is a button that says "Move Multiple Questions" and the window that pops up is titled "Move/Copy Questions" but there is no way that I can see to actually copy the selected questions. There is no checkbox that says "Keep a copy in this question bank as well" in this window so the questions end up being added to the destination question bank and deleted from the current question bank.

Individual Question Option

204296_2016-09-22_0813.png2016-09-22_0813.png

Multiple Question Option

204297_2016-09-22_0814.png2016-09-22_0814.png

Note: Add keep questions in this bank as well in multiple moving option.

Copying questions one by one can become very tedious, so if there were a way for instructors to copy multiple questions to another question bank, that would be very helpful.

Comments from Instructure

This idea was completed with general availability of Quizzes.Next.  You can find more information about the overall project in the Quizzes.Next User Group.‌

• Quizzes.Next is now available for all paid accounts.
  • Quizzes.Next documentation will live in the Quizzes.Next User Group until July 14, 2018. On July 14, 2018, all of the documentation will be moved to the Canvas Guides in the Canvas Instructor Guide or Canvas Student Guide
  • Quizzes.Next updates will be included in the Canvas Release Notes. This includes new features, updated features, and relevant fixed bugs. New and updated features will be deployed to Quizzes.Next near the same time as the Canvas release. Fixed bugs may be deployed at any time.
23 Comments
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi thayerm

Thank you for resubmitting this idea and for providing the visuals.  Your idea will open for vote on Oct 5th.  Please come back to vote!

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea has moved to the next stage and will be open for voting among the Canvas Community, from Wed. October 5, 2016 - Wed. January 4, 2017.

Check out this doc for additional details about how the voting process works!

ronmarx
Community Contributor

This feature must have been overlooked by Instructure in its first build of Canvas. Thanks for your succinct idea!

mbuonato
Community Contributor

It would also be help for teachers to move multiple questions to a subaccount question bank for department sharing.

siouxgeonz
Community Contributor

I'dlike to upvote but it's not letting me...

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Susan,

Please try refreshing your page and then waiting several seconds or until the page has fully loaded.  Please let us know if that doesn't do the trick.

kmeeusen
Community Champion

Susan:

Are you logged int the Community?

Here is a link to some help: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-2109#jive_content_id_How_do_I_vote

KLM

siouxgeonz
Community Contributor

I did that but it was time to go home Smiley Wink I'll try again tomorrow!

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 5:35 PM, scottd@instructure.com <

rake_9
Community Champion

Voting up, but would this already be on the radar for the new quiz tool?

jsparks
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thank you for your feature suggestion. We are well into the development of the Canvas Studio: Modern Quizzing Engine . As we look to the development of the item banking process, we will consider this for inclusion in the toolset.  While there are not guarantees of inclusion, we will consider this as possible functionality on the near- or long-term roadmaps for the new testing engine.