Moving Quiz Timer/Countdown

0 Likes
(2)

Hello, I'm a student.

It would be great if you could see the timer the whole time during tests/quizzes on Canvas. For classes where I have short quizzes I feel like I waste time scrolling up through all the questions to check the remaining time. If it were possible to make the clock scroll with the page view that would be very helpful. Maybe make it a togglable feature in Canvas settings. I could imagine it could be extra anxiety inducing for some if the clock is permanently there with no options.

Not really sure if there's already something like this; I just know the timer stays at the top right near the list of questions.

Tags (2)
3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@Lines 

Thanks for sharing this idea. From the description, it sounds like your school is still using Old (Classic) Quizzes. In New Quizzes, the timer remains visible at the top of the page when the student scrolls down. You can see the UI in the View Assessment section of How do I take an assessment in New Quizzes? - Canvas Community .

We've archived this idea because our product teams are no longer developing new functionality on the code base for Old (Classic) Quizzes, which is scheduled for deprecation. Please reach out to your instructors for guidance on the availability of the new quiz tool at your school.

Lines
Community Member
Author

@Stef_retired 

I see. Thanks for letting me know! I'll ask my professors what they know about it.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

You're welcome, @Lines !