Moving assignments to the top in modules

0 Likes
(3)

My role: Instructor

Having newly created assignments appearing at the bottom of the module is annoying.  I would like to be able to add the new item quickly to the top.  It is hard for students to have to navigate to the bottom if I forget to do the 10 steps to move it up. 

It would be nice if there was an option to post newest at the top with a right click.  Also, an option to post by reverse chronological would be helpful as well.  

It takes a lot of time to scroll through everything and find the item and move it to the top.

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

mrwnphs2
Community Participant

Yes, agreed!

BenjaminSmall
Community Novice

Yes PLEASE!    giving instructors an easier way to sort assignments  would be great - or giving students that possibility.    A quick  "Newest on top" button would be good,   as well as a way to change the default setting to "reverse chronological"  so newest end up on top.

JH95
Community Member

Currently, when you create an assignment within a Module it will automatically move the newly created assignment to the bottom of the module. If a teacher would like to then move the new assignment to the top of the module then the teacher will need to manually drag it from the bottom of the module to the top.

It would be ideal if, when creating a new assignment, it asks the teacher if they would like it placed at the top or the bottom of the module. 

What makes it more interesting is that when you copy an assignment from one module into another THEN it prompts the teacher to choose if they want it at the top or the bottom of the module. We feel like it would make sense for that same choice to be given to the teacher when they initially create a new assignment as well. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.