Moving student into a new course

0 Likes
(1)

It would be very helpful to be able to move a student AND their grades/ submissions into a new course. I have students who do not finish a course on schedule and so they finish in the next semester but I have to hold open the course they were in because I cannot move them and their grades/ submissions into the new course. I can pull a student from their course and put them back in and their grades reappear as do their submissions, so I should be able to pull them and place them in a course with the exact same structure. It is frustrating leaving the class open for an additional month to 3 months waiting on a single student. 

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

kendra_murphy1
Community Member

Agreed, this would be very helpful as students' schedules change/new Teachers are brought in.

oinge
Community Member

Adding my vote; I teach in a high school district that just switched to Canvas and we have quite a bit of student movement throughout the year; it's a pain if their submissions don't follow them.

oinge
Community Member

Adding my vote; I teach in a high school district that just switched to Canvas and we have quite a bit of student movement throughout the year; it's a pain if their submissions don't follow them.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.