Moving the Delete Button on the Pages Link

0 Likes
(1)

Hi, 

When accessing pages, I have almost accidentally deleted an entire page because I was trying to change it to the Front Page. I have in the past (once) deleted an entire page of work. Can you please please move the delete button to the very bottom so it is not near the "front page" selection? Thank you

Tammy Mahan

Tags (2)
3 Comments
James
Community Champion

@TammyMahan 

If you do happen to delete a page by mistake, then go to your course home page and add /undelete to the end of the URL. Find the page that you deleted and click the restore button.

The Delete button may not be next to the Front Page link. Many of my pages have a "View Page History" in between them because I have edited the page.

Among all of the options there, Delete is probably the most commonly used one. I cannot agree with moving it to the bottom for something that almost happened, Canvas requires confirmation to make it happen, and there is an easy fix in case it did happen.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.