[Discussions] Multiple Due Dates (checkpoints) for Discussions

Idea is currently in development

With the way that many schools set up forum discussions and require "check-ins" to the forum throughout the week, it would be great if we could include multiple due dates in the discussion activities. For instance, I have classes that require everyone respond to the prompt by Thursday night and respond to at least 2 peers by the following Sunday. Being able to remind students that they have responses due, especially if we could scatter responses over multiple days, would likely increase participation.
445 Comments
erik_gustafson
Community Participant

Yes, this would be fantastic to incorporate into the Discussion Redesign that is happening. 

davidgs
Community Participant

Upvote!

GeorgeMusambira
Community Novice

This is exactly the functionality I was looking for. Any updates on its progress?

StudentSuggest
Community Member

It's surprising this isn't already an option. Having multiple classes with different due dates during the week is such a hassle to keep straight. 

UCScott
Community Explorer

Instructors are still asking for multiple due dates for one Discussion at UC San Diego. With Canvas releases for Discussion improvements coming up, hoping this will be addressed soon.

MarthaCarey
Community Member

Really need this functionality.  How do I "upvote"?

JK16
Community Member

People have been asking for this feature sincne 2015!!!! Canvas, will you please let us know what it will take to get this feature implemented? Thank you!

burdicks
Community Participant

Please implement multiple due dates on discussions. I see this idea was proposed 6 years ago. There are 19 pages of comments and pleading. What does the community have to do to get this put on the roadmap? 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@burdicks  Multiple checkpoints for discussions is included in what is currently anticipated to be the third release in the Discussions Redesign project. The roadmap is set out here:  Discussions Redesign Early Access 

dsheil1
Community Explorer

Please, please, please