Mute/Unmute All Assignments

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Please allow instructors to mute (and unmute) all assignments at once.  At the end of a grading period, instructors are in a flurry of grading activity.  Meanwhile, students maniacally monitor their grades, creating an unhealthy obsession.  Couple this with numerous "grade change" notifications and the situation becomes even worse.  If instructors could mute everything while they grade final projects, assignment submissions, and exams, then unmute all at once, it would create a healthier grading environment for all.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16958-canvas-release-notes-2019-07-13 .

6 Comments
RobDitto
Community Champion

breklis, I like your explanation of how the current Mute Assignment plays out toward the end of a semester or grading period. I've heard that Canvas will soon shift to a "hide/post" model for grade release, part of the Post Policies stage of Gradebook Enhancements. It'll be interesting to learn what that change will mean for the end-of-term rush!

In case you haven't seen them, consider voting or commenting on these closely related ideas:

breklis
Community Participant

Thanks, Rob!

I’ve seen the requests you added (and have up-voted). They are all on a

single-assignment basis. We are a high school district and some teachers

can have close to 100 assignments in a semester. While most wont be updated

at the end of the semester, unusual circumstances can and do happen. It’s

too much to ask teachers to mute and un-mute one at a time.

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 3:36 PM dittor@wharton.upenn.edu <

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas 

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2019-07-13) .

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

breklis Thank You  for submitting this idea, as well as,  @RobDitto  Thank You  for your contributions. Your investment in this idea helped refine a feature which is now part of Canvas!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed