Natural Flow of Drawing/Annotation in Speedgrader

0 Likes
(1)

Hi Instructure, 

When I enable my pen tablet to use speedgrader via chrome, I usually have a problem drawing in the upper left corner where the check and the bin icons are. The icons appear right away that it disrupts the natural flow of drawing or annotating especially architectural plans or sketches, for example, drawing an arrow facing upper left. The arrow heads may or may not be aligned, arrows are a big part of the annotations in my case.

I get annoyed using my pen in speedgrader. On the other hand, I have another tablet device which has a pen, so the experience is better in a pen supported tablet device than in windows chrome speedgrader. I think this is because the icons with the grey box will activate first and no ink will appear after. 

I hope that the icons (check and bin) are further, will appear later, or can be enabled with another button but not during drawing and scribbling. I hope you can fix it or provide better experience for teachers which rely on drawing on speedgrader. Thank you

Tags (2)
3 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Moderating

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@aiyap 

Thanks for sharing this feedback. In order for our mobile team to address this, we'll first need Canvas Support to investigate the specific set of circumstances or actions that lead to the poor result you've described. Have you initiated a support case yet, and if you haven't, would you please use the contact options on your Help menu to request assistance? A support agent can see the devices you're using and can pinpoint the issue more effectively.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived