Need a breakdown of the exact percentage EACH SINGLE assignment contributes to the overall grade.

0 Likes

I can't separate these two features, sorry. They work together to allow a certain result.

I use weighted grading categories. NEO has a few very useful features that I am now missing: (1) max score vs points and (2) a breakdown of the exact percentage a single assignment contributes to the overall grade. See attached image of the NEO assignments list.

(1) Max score vs points allows you to control the weight of an assignment's contribution. For example if I have a quiz that is worth a raw max score of 52 points but I want it to contribute to the overall grade equally to a quiz with a raw max score of 35, then I can set the points for both to be the same.  

(2) Then if I want to control the exact percent each of these assessments contributes to the overall grade, I view the NEO Assignments list which shows the max score, points AND the percent. If I need to adjust the percent contribution, I can edit the points. 

This combination of features allowed me to completely control the impact any assignment has on the overall grade.

I ran into trouble last week with my final exam and its impact on the grades - but I just couldn't fix it without doing a lot of math to determine what point value it should be set at.  

Please add these two features, thank you!

🔎 This idea has been archived. While this idea isn't open for comments, it is an important part of Instructure’s idea conversations and development process. Contributions like this are valuable as Instructure prioritizes work on new or existing features.

2 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Moderating

Hi @SBHSsrivera -

I think I understand what you're proposing, but I wonder if an already existing idea would meet your needs.  assignment weighting in assignment groups - Instructure Community could possibly work in your scenario, especially if you only had one Assignment Group.

After reviewing the idea, it would be great to hear from you! If they're aligned, the ideas can be merged, keeping the discussion in one place. If they're different, help the Community better understand the differences, and your idea can open for conversation. Thanks!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived