New Analytics – Weekly Activity Time

(2)

The New Analytics in the “Data Table” of the Individual Students has a column with “Week Starting,” “Page Views,” and “Participations” with the first date of the week is "Sunday." However, no “Activity Time” spent for the week. 

To see the dates of participation

• Click on New Analytics
  • Click on Students
  • Click on the name of an individual student
  • Click on Weekly Online Activity

Like to propose a new column and new side panels:

1. A new column titled “Activity Time,” which would have the time spent for the week in dd:hh:mm:ss date format. When the instructor clicks on the activity time for that week, a popover panel will show the “Activity Time” spent for each day of the week.Weekly Online Activity with Activity Time
  2. Detail Information on Page Views and Participations. After the instructor clicks on the specific date within the “Week Starting,” a side panel gives a list of resources viewed and participated.Page Views & Participations Panel 
    1. When the instructor clicks on the Page Views count of a specific resource, a side panel should appear, giving a specific date, specific time, and activity time spent on the resource.Page Views Panel
    2. When the instructor clicks on the Participations count of a specific resource, a side panel should appear, giving a specific date, specific time, and activity time spent on the resource (The example is a file, so the screen is blank).Participations Panel

Note:  Some instructors "Week Starting" would be "Monday" instead of "Sunday."  Need an option for the instructor to select "Week Starting" to start on a Sunday or start on a Monday.

3 Comments
VanessaAlvarez1
Community Novice

New Analytics shows us all kinds of things but does not allow for a student time report.  We can only see their overall time in People.  I would like to be able to run a report that shows me how much time a student has spent in Canvas on a weekly basis, without having to do the subtraction myself from the last time I recorded their overall time.

rebecca_odonnel
Community Member

Teachers would like to see how long a student takes to complete a particular activity. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.