New Gradebook: Apply Status to All

0 Likes
(24)

In the New Gradebook, it would be great if you could apply a status to all students in a course with one click. So in the (crude) mockup below, clicking on the top of the status column would change the status for all students with one click. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-26 at 8.34.28 AM.png

Use cases: I did an "on paper" assignment in class and every student turned it in. I want to apply a Turned In status to all students. Or if you have an external tool assignment that most students did not turn in, I could click M for all students and it would mark everyone missing. Then I just click on the few students that did turn it in.

13 Comments
ctitmus
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

9747d331860073e
Community Explorer

This would be a huge time saver for teachers.  I vote it up! 

shakodkeddie
Community Member

I support this as well.  Would be a welcomed addition for our staff who recently switched from Infinite Campus Gradebook to Canvas where the capability to do this existed.  Please make it happen.

9747d331860073e
Community Explorer

I vote it up! 

kosmunds1
Community Member

This would be HUGE for our teachers - yes, please!

ziebarthm
Community Member

This is one of the biggest frustrations for my colleagues and me. It would be great if you could have a "mass assign" option so you could "change all" or "apply to all" for assignments.

Cmont
Community Member

Yes please, this is so tedious to do manually with almost 200 students on each assignment.

dboxer
Community Member

This is a great idea.  I vote it up! 

emily_beckman
Community Contributor

Yes please. I vote it up! Would be incredibly helpful.

swilson12
Community Novice

I'd like to vote up this recommendation a MILLION times.  Please make our lives more efficient with this small suggestion!

RachelKlick
Community Member

Please make this change- it would be so helpful for teachers in helping to keep our gradebooks up to date.

mitchell_womack
Community Member
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived