New Modules at Top of Page

0 Likes
(4)

I would love to have a feature that enables +Module to go directly to the top of the page. Currently +Modules defaults to the bottom of the page.

10 Comments
CanvasDocTeam
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

ptracy1
Community Novice

Yes! Me too!!!

As my district is offering virtual learning this entire school year, I'm going to have 30-something modules by the end of the year. It makes sense to my students for the newest module to be on top, so that means I have to drag the new one up to the top. My computers (desktop and laptop) don't really do that it a speedy manner, either. I would really love for this to be an option.

jmcoughlin
Community Member

I would like my teachers to have this option as well. 

adufore
Community Member

I would love this for my staff as well. Right now they must manual move each module they create.

cynthia_londeor
Community Explorer

Yes please! I'd like a course level setting that lets the instructor choose where the new modules go, as well as a notice on the modules page itself to let students know which setting the instructor picked!

(the option to have a pinned module would be nice too)

resartoris
Community Participant

When a teacher creates a new module, it defaults to the bottom of the screen. Can you please create an option where teachers can have the newest module created default to the TOP of the page? That is how teachers and students need to see the modules: newest on top. Thank you!

haleyci
Community Member

It would be amazing to be able to set a default so that new modules always appear at the top of the module thread.  I arrange my content so that the newest is always on top, and it's tedious to always have to scroll all of the way to the very bottom of the modules thread to find and move my newest content each time.  

tammy_neil
Community Explorer

Yes, please. This is such a small thing that would mean so much. 

gardnerfiddle
Community Member

Although I understand that in coding it is standard to list the newest at the bottom of the list, my students find it VERY helpful to have the newest content at the top of the list so they don't have to scroll. It would be VERY helpful if having the newest content added to the top of the list as a default setting. This way, teachers can customize the way they present their content. 

This is the way the physical world works. If you put a piece of paper on your desk, the pile has the newest items on top and the older items are lower in the pile. 

As it stands now, I and many teachers spend unnecessary time and effort clicking on the three dots to move modules to the top of the page. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.