New Quiz and Test Question Features

0 Likes

I am a student, and here are features I would like to see added for quizzes and tests: 

1. Ability to highlight portions of a question or answer choice.
    1. For example, in questions that have a short prompt this would allow students to highlight words or sentences.
  2. Ability to "cross out" answer choices. 
    1. For example, in multiple choice questions this would allow students to mark answers (with an "X" or line through it) that they think are incorrect or the wrong choice.
  3. A notification that lets me know I've used an answer for a matching question.
    1. For example, the answer choice or choices would be bold or highlighted an answer signify that it has been used already.

I am not sure if these ideas have been suggested or implemented already. However, I believe this would be beneficial for students in making the testing process easier. Additionally, I am willing to elaborate more if anyone has any questions or comments. I'd love to hear other peoples' thoughts on this. 

2 Comments
legardjv
Community Member
Author

For feature number 3 I meant to say, "For example, the answer choice or choices would be bold or highlighted to signify that it has been used already."

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@legardjv 

Thanks for sharing these ideas! Yes, these have all been suggested in the past. Please add your support to the actively monitored conversations currently underway:

New Quizzes: Right-Click to "eliminate" answer cho...

New Quizzes: Option to eliminate choices during a ...

Student Highlight & Annotation Tools for Quizzes