[New Quizzes] Ability to copy entire item banks

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Item banks in New Quizzes have a lot of better features for me than the old Question Groups. And I love being able to share those banks with a colleague. But, right now, if that colleague wants to copy them to be able to make their own adjustments to the questions, they have to copy each question individually. This is a tedious process and also opens up multiple opportunities for a slight mis-click and for a question to be basically "taken" instead of "copied". The ability to copy an entire bank all at once would be a huge time saver and security measure against the bank being changed by another staff member.

44 Comments
michael_hartman
Community Participant

Great idea. This is a must have.

gretchenb
Community Novice

This feature is a must have! My PLC group needs to have the ability to share an item band in order to collaborate on content building. 

cindyk
Community Participant

Must have feature.  We like to divide the work load and share item banks.  However, I typically want to add comments for incorrect responses that the others don't care about, or alter the list of correct responses for FITB questions, etc.  These are both activities that are done inside the item bank and affects everyone else.

mabrown22
Community Member

Yes, PLEASE make this a feature. How is it not already?!

mpobocik
Community Explorer

Please we need this!

Nancy_Webb_CCSF
Community Champion

Copying banks is important for sharing your new quizzes between schools too. 

lettgo583
Community Participant

This would be so helpful! Please add this feature. 

Without this, the workaround is nightmarish for us ... 

dorgant
Community Participant

This would be great, I'm currently using the same bank in two different quizzes. I want to remove all of the fill in the blank questions but can't because the students have already taken the first quiz. I have the bank set up to display a set amount of questions in each quiz. I though I will just make a copy so I don't accidently do anything that may impact the first quiz. Then learned I cannot do that, a copy option would be really helpful. 

TanyaHofler
Community Member

Yes PLEASE!! This would be very helpful!

plisi
Community Explorer

!!!!