[New Quizzes] Ability to copy entire item banks

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Item banks in New Quizzes have a lot of better features for me than the old Question Groups. And I love being able to share those banks with a colleague. But, right now, if that colleague wants to copy them to be able to make their own adjustments to the questions, they have to copy each question individually. This is a tedious process and also opens up multiple opportunities for a slight mis-click and for a question to be basically "taken" instead of "copied". The ability to copy an entire bank all at once would be a huge time saver and security measure against the bank being changed by another staff member.

44 Comments
mckelley
Community Member

agreed this is 100% needed.

emily-wright
Community Explorer

Yes.  It is also important to be able to copy to a different format.  Classic quizzes can be exported into a format that can be imported into multiple other formats (and vise versa).

It is definitely very very important to allow instructors to copy quizzes between multiple instances of Canvas if they are an adjunct teaching at multiple institutions!

kewlfrogz
Community Member

Yes please!

I built an item bank for Winter semester, I need to have the same questions plus 4 more chapters for Spring semester and I do not want to recreate all of it again so that I can get them in a new bank.

nixbuckner
Community Member

Absolutely essential need for teachers who have to make modified versions of tests!!

meaganlopez
Community Member

A definite must! We need to be able to easily modify quizzes for all of our learners!

nknudtson
Community Novice

Very much needed - please!!

choms001
Community Member

I agree this is a must have, and it has to work across institutions, so instructors who use the same books/materials can share this aspect of teaching materials as well.  I've seen references to this feature being needed by adjuncts who teach at multiple institutions, but it's needed by all teachers who want to work cooperatively with respect to their teaching.

heather_jones
Community Member

Yes please! 

Biology_is_Life
Community Novice

Please add this feature.

cmcsparran
Community Member

You should add this.  I am authoring questions in one class and would like to use that as the base for a similar set in a related but different class.