[New Quizzes] Activity Log

On the old quiz format, if you went to a student's activity log during or after the quiz, you can see when the student "exited" or clicked out of the quiz. This was a very useful feature to keep students honest. The new quiz format does not indicate this if a student clicks away from the quiz while taking it. It is possible to add that back to the new quiz format?

45 Comments
yvonne_chan
Community Member

Absolutely. It has to be included in New quizzes. 

schueth
Community Novice

This is essential to ensure as much test security as possible for all the students who are taking tests at home now!

frances_monroe
Community Novice

Today I ran into a problem with a quiz.  I have a student who kept a quiz open for 45 minutes, but never answered a single question.  I have it set so only one question comes up at a time, but right now I have no way of knowing whether or not she got a preview of the questions.  I am selecting questions at random from a test bank, and I can see that the second attempt which I opened up for her had different questions, but it would help me a lot to see if they went from question to question OR if they only saw the first question.  Since she claimed to have answered all the questions, I'm thinking that she just went through all the questions and let the time run out.

templeton_lauri
Community Member

I will not use new quizzes until this has been remedied. I need to have the ability to see the quiz log. It does not prevent cheating, but does give me data that allows me to promote honesty. I honestly do not know why we don't already have this. 

laurenhenderso1
Community Member

I love how the "classic quiz" shows when a student leaves and returns to a quiz...the "new quiz" doesn't have this same feature...please allow this to work with the "new quiz"

wilsod11
Community Member

The feature in classic quizzes that allows teachers to see in the log when students leave and re-enter the quiz is invaluable. Please add this to New Quizzes

kirsten_ryall
Community Participant

Looking forward to seeing this activity added to New Quiz reporting so that New Quizzes are closer to achieving feature parity with Classic. Our institution is yet to enable New Quiz, despite many requests from our teaching staff. This is one of the many risks we are aware of. Until New Quizzes has less risks we are recommending against enabling it.

willi5cl
Community Explorer

The Quiz Log shows detail about when the student started a quiz, but not when they ended. It would be very useful to have as part of the quiz log the time (either the actual time or the time-in-quiz) when the student submitted the quiz, and an indication of whether *they* submitted it or it was auto-submitted because their time ran out.

SeulAh
Community Member

I think it would be better if the students will be able to view their log in quizzes so that they will be able to know if there are instances that say they have exited or stopped viewing the canvas while taking an exam where in fact they just scrolled down their notification or something like that. and also, it is good for transparency.

LuciaSalgueiro
Community Explorer

Thanks for sharing!! Increadibly necessary for our institution too.