New Quizzes - Add HTML

0 Likes
(11)

I’m not sure why html has not been built into the multiple choice questions for new quizzes. I teach a foreign language course and have used the html function in the past for vocabulary quizzes. With html, I can set it for Canvas to show a different font and font size so that the foreign characters are more readable for students; it seems like taking this option away on New Quizzes is taking a step backwards. I would love to see this incorporated soon!

Tags (2)
4 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Initial Stage: We're reviewing the new conversation

@jbo24 

Thanks for sharing this idea. When an instructor creates a multiple choice question in New Quizzes, they can click on the question to reveal the rich text editor editor and select a different font size from the font dropdown. Details are in How do I use the Rich Content Editor in New Quizzes?

Since it is already possible to use the existing text editor in New Quizzes to change the font size, we've archived this idea.

That said, it is definitely the case that the rich text editor in New Quizzes does not currently afford the ability to change fonts or switch to HTML view, and with that in mind, we encourage you to add your comments to a conversation currently underway at  New Quizzes - RCE to match Canvas.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

jcrea
Community Explorer

Along these lines, it would be amazing if all question types allowed for use of the rich text editor.  For example, in math class it would be great for students to be able to enter an appropriately formatted equation into a fill in the blank.  Likewise, have students categorize graphs (images) into their function types.

It is possible for each question type to have the rich text editor features?

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@jcrea 

Please search the Idea Conversations forum for active discussions around requests for a rich content editor in answer choices:  New Quizzes: Rich Content Editor (RCE) for Matching Question Types and New Quizzes: Allow Rich Content editing for fill in the blank are a few of the conversations currently underway.