[New Quizzes] Add location for SpeedGrader Access

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

In the current quiz system, an instructor may access SpeedGrader through the grade book or from the overview screen of the quiz itself (see below).

278080_pastedImage_1.png

With Quizzes.Next, currently you can only access SpeedGrader through the grade book (you can grade questions using "Moderation" but not access SpeedGrader).

I propose that a "SpeedGrader" button be added to the main page of Quizzes.Next assessments (example below).  I believe this would improve the user-friendliness of Quizzes.Next and make navigation more similar to the current quizzing options.

278096_pastedImage_3.png

Thanks!

28 Comments
sjarrett
Community Member

They could also make quizzes from Quizzes.Next show up in a teacher To-Do list as needing graded, which is usually a direct link to open the assignment in SpeedGrader. 

lthompson2
Community Participant

When some of my teachers saw that there was no SpeedGrader link and what a pain it was to go through a large number of assignments in Moderate, they declared it was stupid and weren't going to use Quizzes.Next.  Now that I can show them how to use SpeedGrader with the new quizzes, I think I'll get some back, but this is a ridiculously complicated way to get to one of Canvas's best features [for teachers].  It just doesn't make sense to make SpeedGrader so difficult to get to.

jschlaudt
Community Novice

This proposal would make the grading process for quizzes much more seamless!

timothy_maw
Community Champion

This is one of several reason we really aren't using quizzes.next, too many missing features. I don't understand why this would not be part of it.

cunninghama
Community Participant

Another thing - if you're using quizzes.next AND the new grade book, there is no way to access speedgrader for the quiz.  Unless I'm completely missing something but I don't think I am.

RobDitto
Community Champion

@cunninghama  there is a way: the Grade Detail Tray, accessed by clicking the right-arrow icon in any New Gradebook Cell. The amazing  @kona ‌ has put together a great blog post on this feature in the New Gradebook Users Group‌:

sarakbdillon
Community Novice

Yes! Please give us Speed Grader for New Quizzes! To have to grade a quiz and then go back to Moderate and then click the next student is two extra steps that add a lot of time to grading.  Please improve this!!

Barnett
Community Member

YES PLEASE!! Add this feature. 

brycezmiller
Community Explorer

Yes please! Making Speed Grader available within the New Quizzes Window would remove another barrier that is preventing many of my institution's faculty from using New Quizzes and reduce the disappointment of those that are using it.

NicLSim
Community Explorer

Why can't we get to Speedgrader from within the Quiz details? This is SO incredibly frustrating. PLEASE enable a link/button to launch speedgrader from within the Quiz Page. Or even link it in the three dots as an option- but why are forced to go to either our TO-do list, assignment list, or the gradebook to launch speedgrader? Please streamline  these options so that they are all accessible in the same locations.

Screenshot 2020-10-29 124659.png