[New Quizzes] Alerts for Students who Go Beyond the Time Limit on Quizzes

In (Classic) Quizzes, we have a feature that disables the auto-submit feature of the quiz; however, reviewing the students' times on the quiz is cumbersome. The only way to view how long the student took on the quiz is to open SpeedGrader or Moderate the Quiz. For auto-graded quizzes, this adds a lot of time to a faculty member's review to click through every student's auto-graded quizzes for students who went beyond the time. For high enrollment courses and courses with multiple quizzes for each module, we are talking about hundreds of clicks for the SpeedGrader route, and for the Moderate the Quiz route, faculty have to make a list of every student who went overtime and then, go into SpeedGrader to adjust the time. 

It would advantageous if the Grades page would alert the faculty member of a quiz that went beyond the time through an additional Status color or other indicator/alert. This would streamline the faculty member's time by only reviewing the students who went beyond the time instead of having to review every student via SpeedGrader. 

9 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Archived

Hi @mcordes1 -

Thank you for sharing your idea with the Community. From your proposal, it sounds like your school is using Classic Quizzes. Because Intructure’s product teams are no longer developing new functionality for Classic Quizzes, which is scheduled to be deprecated 2024, we are unable to advance this idea through our development process.

I'm sorry that I am unable to let it move to Open. It's a well-thought and well-explained proposal.

mcordes1
Community Participant

@KristinL - Our goal is to move to New Quizzes; however, we are waiting on Blueprint sync and the bulk migration of New Quizzes to be implemented, which looks like should happen in Q3. Once this occurs and the disable auto-submit feature is brought over from Classic to New Quizzes, our institution will be migrating to New Quizzes. 

This would be great for New Quizzes. 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Thank you for clarifying @mcordes1 -- If the hope is that it would be applied to New Quizzes, it can Open.

mcordes1
Community Participant

@KristinL - thank you!

cvalle
Community Participant

Maybe there is some sort of institution setting for this, but at my school new quizzes will automatically submit when the timer runs out, thus it is not possible for a student to go over time.

mcordes1
Community Participant

@cvalle - we do have a setting in our Classic Quizzes that permits users from going beyond the time limit. We are hoping to carry this setting into New Quizzes. 

cvalle
Community Participant

I can confirm that this is already working for me in “new quizzes”. Have you tried going to settings in your quiz and setting a time limit? That seems to do the trick for me. Here is a screen shot:

Quiz for Lecture 5 - Requires Respondus LockDown Browser.png

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme