New Quizzes: Allow item banks to be tied to a course rather than an instructor

I teach 7 different courses on a rotating basis, each with different content and different ideas.  Right now, the questions that I use are tied to each course in the Quizzes question bank.  Additionally, I collaborate on many of the courses such that I am not the only one editing quiz questions.  Thus, having the item banks for these courses tied specifically to me does not make sense.  While other ideas are promoting the idea of granting editing permissions (https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/12034-allow-admins-to-grant-multiple-users-permissions-for-ite...), this idea is specifically to promote giving the option to tie item banks to specific courses.  One of the other main benefits that I see is to provide additional organization to the hundreds of potential item banks that I will have if item banks are not tied to specific courses.

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

For more information, please read through the  Canvas Release Notes (2021-06-19).

27 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@r_v_jones The release notes state that this feature will be available for testing in beta after June 1, 2021. 

r_v_jones
Community Contributor

@Stef_retired thanks, go mixed up with dates , my bad 

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed

BethCrook
Community Coach
Community Coach

@Stef_retired  🎉👏

Nancy_Webb_CCSF