New Quizzes: Allow them to be duplicated

0 Likes

To help with consistency between courses and from term to term, New Quizzes should be able to be duplicated/copied. Currently it comes up as an error. This would also allow us to share new quizzes in Canvas Commons or create blueprint courses that contain new quizzes. 

3 Comments
James
Community Champion

According to the Canvas Instructor Guide, New Quizzes can be duplicated with a few exceptions: How do I duplicate a New Quizzes assessment?  I just created a new quiz and then duplicated it without problem.

Likewise, you can share New Quizzes with Commons. I don't use blueprint courses, although the documentation says they can be synced, but only on the initial sync.

I don't see this as an idea since the functionality already exists. I suggest contacting Canvas Support.

Kelvin_Dean
Community Contributor

However, when sharing a New Quiz to Canvas Commons or copying between courses (Import Course Content), they need to be from the same institution. You cannot share a New Quiz from Institution A to Institution B or vice versa. I had this issue when I was test driving New Quizzes.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@candaceg 

Thanks for sharing this idea. As @James notes, this is already existing functionality: New Quizzes are based on the Assignment type and can be duplicated by following the steps in How do I duplicate a New Quizzes assessment?. If this process is returning errors, please work with Canvas Support to identify the issue.