New Quizzes: Attach a Rubric to Individual Questions on a Quiz

0 Likes
(14)

I would love to be able to attach a rubric for individual essay questions on a quiz, rather than a rubric to the entire quiz. My current workaround is to just an enormous rubric with duplicated rows for each essay question, but this is kind of silly.

For open-ended questions that require rubric grading, I should be able to attach a distinct rubric to each. 

12 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

steubnerrhodes
Community Novice

I'd also like this feature! It's laborious to manually keep track of points for essay questions. A rubric feature for individual essay questions would would help immensely.

sharon_kitching
Community Contributor

Would be helpful to be able to add a rubric to the open-ended questions or the short answers. particularly as a lot of them are 3 marks for part a, 6 marks for part b, 2 marks part c. Would make auto-calculating easier to view. 

stephen_adams5
Community Explorer

I co-ordinate an introductory college level course that often has multiple (5+) instructors dealing with different sections.  The ability to add a rubric, optionally not visible to students, and a sample answer, would be a tremendous step forward in our ability to maintain a consistent marking criteria across the various deliveries.

mahugie
Community Novice

This feature would reduce so much time for me.  My current workaround is to type comments into each question so that students understand why they missed certain points.  Yes, I could just copy and paste statements, but I use essay responses for small passage reading comprehension questions.  Because I teach Spanish, I need those responses to be complete sentences, not just one word answers.

Please add this feature soon.

dthacker1
Community Member

Hello! Hello!

I am an elementary teacher.

I use Learning Mastery as my grading system.  Whenever I create a quiz, I have to go back to the "Quizzes" link, select "edit" next to the quiz and then attach a rubric to it in order to be able to grade it for Learning Mastery.  This is VERY TIME CONSUMING- lots of clicking and navigating back and forth.  It would be really nice if the option was available to attach a rubric right as I was creating the quiz.  Maybe when I "align it to an outcome?" 

Thanks,

Dari Thacker

steelea
Community Explorer

Yes, PLEASE!

dspiel
Community Participant

Can't happen soon enough.

vsievert
Community Explorer

YES! I have a faculty member BEGGING for this - literally reading this over my shoulder. We need this. With all the issues people have with New Quizzes and Rubrics anyways, how hard could this be to add? 

BSchoolProf12
Community Member

Please add this!! It's a feature that's been on the idea list since at least 2015. https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/New-Quizzes-individual-rubric-for-each-essay-q...

MVanSlyke
Community Member

I would also like to see this! It would be nice if it was on both old and new quizzes.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.