[New Quizzes] Attach files in Quiz questions

0 Likes
(10)

There is no "upload file" or "attachment" option when creating/editing a quiz question in New Quizzes. If you want to attach a file or add a course file you must first create a Classic Quiz, attach the file, then migrate to a New Quiz. This is inconvenient. 

It would be great to have the same "Attachment" button that is in Classic Quizzes.

7 Comments
AliFalconer
Community Member

This is a very important feature, particularly considering the roadmap to remove Classic Quizzes from the API.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

heatherjones
Community Explorer

I agree, that is an important feature.

Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

This is a great idea!  I'll just add that I created a Feature Idea a while back that ties into the above Feature Idea submitted by @HallieBurgess.  It has to do with file attachments in Classic Quizzes being renamed once migrated to New Quizzes.

Renamed Files after Migrating a Classic Quiz to a New Quiz

Please consider adding your comments/star rating to this one as well.  Thanks!

jbeyer1
Community Participant

I absolutely have to have this feature if Canvas switches to new quizzes.  I teach a laboratory science class and students upload their data sheets to the last question on the classic quiz.  Science faculty have to have a way to students to submit their data collection files.  

HollyHarkness1
Community Member

Yes, please add this. 

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.