New Quizzes: Audible quiz timer alerts

0 Likes
(3)

Several of my students have complained that the quiz ended and they had no idea they were even close to being out of time!

In a real classroom setting, I would remind the students when they are near end of time and should start wrapping up their work. It would be nice to have the option for the quiz to "beep" when there is 1 minute (or X minutes) left in the quiz.

This would also be helpful since the visible quiz timer seems to stick to the top of the page for some students, so when working on later questions in the quiz the time remaining is not salient.

5 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

hnewhouse
Community Member

This would be very helpful for my classes. I think allowing me and/or each student to set the number and timing of the "beeps" would be ideal.

rSprings1
Community Member

Many of our math teachers would prefer this over just the banner that pops up, as students aren't even looking at the screen while working their math problems on paper. Sound alerts or having to push an "OK" notification to remove the banner would be helpful. 

hnewhouse
Community Member

This would be incredibly helpful to students in Economics classes as well.

ProductPanda
Instructure
Instructure
Status changed to: Archived
Comments from Instructure

As part of the new Ideas & Themes process, all ideas in Idea Conversations were reviewed by the Product Team. Any Idea that was associated with an identified theme was moved to the new Idea & Themes space. Any Idea that was not part of the move is being marked as Archived. This will preserve the history of the conversations while also letting Community members know that Instructure will not explore the request at this time.