New Quizzes: Bespoke quiz types

0 Likes
(1)

There are quite a few options for quiz types, e.g. graded / ungraded, immediate release of answers versus delayed release of answers, shuffled versus non-shuffled etc. If you get one of these options wrong there can be repercussions, e.g. quizzes where the top answer is always the right one, or accidentally setting graded quizzes. I know that these options are quite clear, but there are quite a few of them, and I think it is quite easy to slip up and specify the wrong one (NB I have ADHD and do not cope well with multiple drop downs / tickboxes). Would it be possible to create "bespoke" quiz types. For example, if I wanted to create a non-graded quiz which immediately released answers to students, I could set the options, and give it a special name which meant something to me. Then when I want to set the same quiz type again, all I would need to do is to select that name from a dropdown rather than having to go clicking through a load of options.

6 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

Nick_Riches1
Community Explorer
Author

NB I think a good workaround is to create generic quiz templates, given them a descriptive name, and post them to the Commons area. Then they may be easily important for new quizzes. In fact this is probably a better option than the one I suggested in my post.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@Nick_Riches1 Thanks for posting that solution! Since you've found an existing remedy that works well for you, would you like us to archive this conversation now?

Nick_Riches1
Community Explorer
Author

Yes fine, thanks (whoops typo in previous post important -> imported)

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@Nick_Riches1 Thank you for letting us know! We've archived this idea and have closed comments to prevent threads under other conversations from splitting off. 😀