New Quizzes: Blueprint master to sync New Quizzes more than the initial sync.

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

I think it should be built in, that blueprint masters update Quizzes.Next even beyond the initial sync. I think this would be important when there are spelling or grammar error or if the wrong question or answer was used. If changes are made with the current way the courses sync with Quizzes.Next, any changes have to be done manually. This is very time consuming when have multi-child courses to work with. blue print quiz.next blueprint sync sync

42 Comments
kilianheap
Community Member

I will reiterate what others have said, this is a bug not a feature. This should be fixed rather than seen as a recommendation for improvement.

mpaben
Community Participant

Yes! Please add this! We have all our tests in Canvas and need to be able to sync. 

BobSturmey
Community Explorer

I agree with this being a bug and not an additional feature that needs to be developed. My team is currently in a situation where we have 367 associations and we unable to progress the content into a quiz, these are individual schools who want develop new learning opportunity's.

Revisions happen (and spelling errors) the idea of doing it manually is just wasting time and money.

KevinHowland
Community Member

Per our help ticket last night, New Quizzes are an LTI and they are treating it as a third party application. If they developed it, they should be making sure all basic features are working before releasing it as complete.  In my opinion, the New Quizzes LTI is still in beta testing and we are the guinea pigs.

C'mon man.  Do better!

SiobhanRooney
Community Member

We would really benefit from this as well. 

hlovett
Community Participant

New Quizzes need to sync with associated courses beyond the initial Blueprint sync. Faculty often need to make changes beyond the initial sync and this odd quirk isn't something that they remember when they use the Blueprint course.  With classic quizzes depreciating, this is more important than ever. 

wendy4
Community Explorer

This needs to be fixed as the time it takes to manually change all child courses when you make a change to a blueprint quiz is time consuming and not productive. 

stevetuxford
Community Member

Hello 100% support this. We were pushed into quizzes next so we expect the same functionality as the classic quiz function.

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: On Beta
  Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2022-09-17)

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed
Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2022-09-17)