New Quizzes: Building quizzes, batch change point value

0 Likes
Suggestion:

In the 'build' function of New Quizzes, I wish I could select multiple questions at once to 1) change the point value of a whole batch and 2) add all of the selected questions to a test bank.  I don't like having to do it question by question - it's incredibly time consuming and inefficient. 

Also, I just realized today that after I import a quiz into Canvas via Respondus and then edit it in the 'build' function (where I change the point value of the questions and usually add essay questions with a different point value), Canvas is NOT updating the point value for the quiz.  This is a considerable problem that I didn't realize I needed to manually override.  Why can't Canvas do this math and auto update for me? 
1 Comment
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Archived

@SheridanL 

Thanks for sharing these ideas. As the idea description contains two different requests, we are not able to move it forward for broader conversation. Please read through How do I create a new idea conversation in the Canvas Community? for guidance on writing singularly-focused idea prompts.

For the first idea, please add your comments to the long-standing and actively-monitored discussion underway at Ability to select multiple questions at once in qu... - Canvas Community 

If you haven't yet, please ask Canvas Support to investigate the second issue in the description (starting with "Also").

Thanks again!