[New Quizzes] Carry Forward Correct Answers on Quiz Multiple Attempts

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

When a teacher assigns multiple attempts for an assignment it would be nice if the system would automatically perform one of the following during the student's next attempt:

1. Populate the correct answers from the previous attempt. 

2. Show only the incorrect problems from the previous attempt.

Added to Theme

157 Comments
jurry
Community Explorer

Do we know what the status of this request is? I am extremely frustrated that this request was made four years ago and there still is no way to do this.

mcockroft
Community Explorer

Would love to see this feature added.

rileyk
Community Member

In Mastery Learning students get multiple attempts to show what they know through reworking incorrect answers. Currently in Canvas, there is no way to do this except to give an entirely new retake including all of the questions a student already got correct. This seems like double jeopardy to students. Also, it would be great to be able to turn a multiple choice question into a short answer for the next retake and be able to assign the "regained" points right in the original quiz.

tslee
Community Participant

I am voting for this feature improvement. A faculty member had a quiz and a student had technology interruption that prevented them from continuing the rest of the quiz. It would be nice for instructors to choose option, when giving student extra attempt, to allow student to continue un-answered parts of their exam.

lkubzansky
Community Novice

I am voting for this feature improvement too. Being able to reopen the exam and see prior answers and edit them could be useful under certain circumstances rather than having to take the whole exam again or having the faculty have to screen shot prior answers so the student can finish them (e.g., if they had started answering short answer questions).

kelzcat
Community Novice

I am also voting for this feature. We've had students answer a majority of the short answer questions, have their screen freeze, and not have time to go back in and finish. It would be great to have the option to reopen the exam with the old answers. 

KellyRWilliams
Community Member

I want the kids to be able to revise a quiz without starting completely over.  Perhaps the instructor could indicate which questions can be revised and which cannot.  Answers that were revised could be highlighted in some way so that we don't need to grade all of it again.  It would also be nice to see the original answer to assess growth (Pre- and Post-Test).  

JustinHVFA
Community Member

our business desperately need this feature added

it is creating both a functional issue and a compliance risk

dmccreton
Community Member

This would be a great feature to enable in New Quizzes

roswalker
Community Member

This feature has just been requested by an academic where I work. Is it something that is progressing?