[New Quizzes] Carry Forward Correct Answers on Quiz Multiple Attempts

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

When a teacher assigns multiple attempts for an assignment it would be nice if the system would automatically perform one of the following during the student's next attempt:

1. Populate the correct answers from the previous attempt. 

2. Show only the incorrect problems from the previous attempt.

Added to Theme

157 Comments
MimL_27
Community Explorer

Agreed, it would be good to see the previous answers whether correct or not.

d_stark
Community Participant

This idea has been suggested over and over for five years now, it's the most popular wanted feature for the entire vocational training sector by a wide margin. I'm surprised it consistently fails to fire.

PeterFraser
Community Member

A setting which would allow to show students the questions they got wrong, without showing the text of, and answers to, questions they got right (which can be screen shot and shared) would be great.

Five years running!

cindyk
Community Participant

I would love this feature, either as a carry over previous answer (with options for all, or just correct responses) or just a re-open.  I have a student on an IEP who accidentally submitted a quiz and now has to start over.  He will have different questions as I pull from question banks.

d_stark
Community Participant

@cindyk if you are using New Quizzes, you are able to reopen the latest submission using the Moderate tab in the New Quiz tool:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-moderate-a-student-s-assessment-attempt...

d_stark_0-1618175700865.png

cindyk
Community Participant

D_stark

That does not work when using question banks as the questions for the 2nd attempt will be completely different!  Also, because I use question banks with question types that are not currently supported without a significant loss in readability, I am still using classic quizzes.

And when I think about supporting students with IEP's, it seems counter to ask more of them for a simple mis-click of a button.

emc2
Community Explorer

This feature would be great for Quizzes. Especially for SDS students who may have run out of time and the teacher would like to re-open their first attempt on the quiz.

beavey
Community Explorer

YES!!! I'd love to see this implemented new quizzes as well. In ALEKs, one of the best features of our weekly spiral review quizzes is that students ONLY have to redo the problems they missed! It's so much more encouraging for those math students that struggle. I feel that it also encourages students to do take their time to do their best on their first attempt; quick retake rewards students! 

Nnewton1221
Community Member

This is a must. An absolute need for teacher, especially teachers working with students in special education. I have been trying to come up with a work around for students but it always results in confusion or inconsistent date. 

LaceeLambermont
Community Novice

SPED teachers absolutely need this feature.