[New Quizzes] Carry Forward Correct Answers on Quiz Multiple Attempts

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

When a teacher assigns multiple attempts for an assignment it would be nice if the system would automatically perform one of the following during the student's next attempt:

1. Populate the correct answers from the previous attempt. 

2. Show only the incorrect problems from the previous attempt.

Added to Theme

157 Comments
MelFisher1212
Community Member

Yes!! This would be amazing!!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

Hi! There is a very similar (but not identical) Idea open for conversation. I'll post this Idea in that thread as well. 

Quiz Retake - earn 1/2 credit for correcting previously incorrect questions. 

bbenke
Community Member

This would be great!

AlysonLoutzenhi
Community Novice

I would love it if my students could go back into a graded quiz and correct their mistakes!

Community Participant

This is a VERY useful idea, I have wanted it for years. I give HUGE study guide quizzes. I want students to be able to take them once, then retake with only the ones they missed. They should be able to repeat this till they are good with all the content

Also, give the student the option whether they retake with all the questions, or only the ones they missed from the previous attempt. That way they they can really use the quiz as a study tool.

Community Member

Please do this!  

JohanaKeever
Community Novice

This is a MUST have.  It honestly is very antiquated to NOT be able to do so. If CANVAS has the capability of doing this, they should.  If nothing else to stay competitive.  

ColeRoss
Community Novice

What a wonderful idea!

Community Novice

Please do this.

joshbennett
Community Member

Same issue. If a student has a 50 question quiz, and makes a 40, then they have to redo all 50 questions instead of just the 10 that they missed - annoying.