[New Quizzes] Clarify misleading text on the feedback dialogue box for matching question pairs

Problem statement:

Faculty creating a matching question on a Classic Quiz can provide student feedback for an individual question/answer pair that displays when a student answers incorrectly. The feedback dialogue box does not make it clear that the feedback displays ONLY when a student answers incorrectly. It says "Comments, if the student chooses this answer:" which is confusing. The mouseover for the matching pair feedback reads "Click to enter comments for the student if they miss this match." That text is much clearer.

Proposed solution:

It would be very helpful to change the text on the feedback dialogue to match the mouseover and read "Comments, if the student misses this match."

User role(s):

instructor

Added to Theme

5 Comments
jennlove
Community Explorer

Screenshot added for clarity

ClassicQuiz_FeedbackText.jpg

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

DarylMullholand
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I am new to this and don't know how to actually post a new idea or where to click to post.  My idea was with NEW QUIZZES.  PROBLEM:  I want to create a multiple choice quiz where I am able to mark every answer choice as correct (no matter how many choices I have).  Currently I can only mark one answer as the correct choice, maybe 2.  I have questions where, depending on a student's fitness level or nutrient intake (for a nutritional analysis), I need to have several different choices for them to choose from and no matter what they choose it would be correct.  I was able to do this on MOODLE and also on D2L but Canvas does not have this option at this time.  They mentioned using the survey method but that is totally not what I am looking for.  

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme