New Quizzes: Dashboard To Do

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

As with the original quizzes on canvas, when a student submits a New Quizzes (Quizzes.Next) assessment and there are items that need to be reviewed it should show up on our teacher dashboard in our To Do list so we know to submissions have been made so we can more easily access them in speedgrader to grade.

253 Comments
ytang
Community Explorer

@mbovey Thanks! That's very helpful.

BTW Do you receive notification when students leave a comment on a New Quizzes assignment?

mbovey
Community Member

@ytang I don't know. I only recently discovered it.

rwentzel
Community Member

@mbovey thanks, I will try that!

@ytang I have received notifications for student comments on New Quizzes. I ask them to make a comment if they are submitting late, but they don't always remember to do so.

rmccabe
Community Novice

This must be fixed ASAP.  Canvas is not in any way indicating to me that these need my attention. Not in the to do list, not in the Gradebook, not in Speedgrader. 

loflanmk
Community Member

It would be amazing to have them show up on the to do list.

lynseykae
Community Member

This is a must!

rebeccajarrett
Community Novice

Yes! This needs to be a feature -- it is SO much more convenient, and ensures I don't forget to grade something -- ESPECIALLY when a student submits late and does not tell me. In those cases, it is virtually impossible to figure out who submitted without re-going through every single student's work.

MarkO7
Community Explorer

When a New Quiz includes essay questions, it needs to be manually graded.  However, when students retake the quiz, no notification or visual indication is provided letting the teacher know there are retakes that need grading.  Please add some way for the instructor to know there are re-submitted quizzes that need grading.

nhewitt
Community Member

This is still an issue and needs to be resolved. This is a huge issue that removes ANY benefit from using New Quizzes. 

loflanmk
Community Member

I hope they are going to resolve this problem. I really like the new quizzes but not having them show up on the to-do list when it has an essay part or when kids retake is a huge detractor.