New Quizzes: Dashboard To Do

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

As with the original quizzes on canvas, when a student submits a New Quizzes (Quizzes.Next) assessment and there are items that need to be reviewed it should show up on our teacher dashboard in our To Do list so we know to submissions have been made so we can more easily access them in speedgrader to grade.

253 Comments
lcentauri
Community Member

Please add this as a tool.  We can't easily grade what we can't easily see.  

wboswell
Community Participant

Seriously, this should have been designed into it in the first place. 

michael_hartman
Community Participant

This should have been a no brainer when it was put in. Everything else goes to my todo list.

AlyssaGonzales
Community Member

New Quizzes that have been submitted by students, but haven't been graded need to be notated somehow. Putting a notification in the To Do list is an easy way to direct teachers to the submissions needing attention. Without this, a student's submission displays in the gradebook as graded, but it may show them as failing depending on the point values assigned to questions being auto-graded & questions needed review.

maelynd23
Community Member

Please allow the new quizzes to appear on the teacher's to-do list like the old quizzes. They should show up like assignments do, where you can click in your todo list and it will automatically bring you to speedgrader. It is a pain to click the gradebook, then try to access the speedgrader. 

mwhite3
Community Participant

Agree 100% on this one.

dhulsey
Community Champion

This is an absolute must! Instructors need an organized indication of what needs attention. 

stewasl2
Community Novice

This is an essential feature that needs to be added as soon as possible. I'm responsible for training the teachers at my high school on all things Canvas, and this is a major stumbling block for many of them. How are we supposed to know that short answer/essay questions are awaiting grading if we don't get a notification in Grades or the To Do list?

CMusgrove314
Community Novice

I'd love to see a notification for new quizzes where the teacher still needs to grade the hand-scored portions of the quiz. 

AMANDACAUSEY
Community Member

My in person students can tell me to check it, but my virtual students have no idea that I'm not getting notified, and I keep missing their submissions.