New Quizzes: Dashboard To Do

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

As with the original quizzes on canvas, when a student submits a New Quizzes (Quizzes.Next) assessment and there are items that need to be reviewed it should show up on our teacher dashboard in our To Do list so we know to submissions have been made so we can more easily access them in speedgrader to grade.

253 Comments
William42
Community Explorer

I have to agree with the previous poster.  There has been no response or feedback regarding this issue which makes me think it's not going to be fixed.  When Classic Quizzes is retired, it will create a significant problem for me, and will probably required I return to pencil and paper tests.

macnevinl
Community Member

This continues to be something we need.  With multiple attempts allowed, going back through at random times to check and see if there is anything new is not efficient.

nashs
Community Member

Checking my To-Do list is essential to keep up on grading.  Without a notification about submitted work on a New Quiz, how do we know what to grade?  We really need this feature.  What is the alternative?  Check all the New Quiz formats for submitted work?  

KrisBumsted
Community Member

Please, Please fix this ASAP! 

Pdpemberton
Community Member

I agree with all of the previous comments. This needs to be added.

JulieRhoades
Community Member

This is definitely a big problem that looks bad on Canvas, and needs fixed as soon as possible.

SarahJCase
Community Member

It is incomprehensible that this doesn't already exist. 

Please. Soon. BEFORE you take away classic quizzes. 

thatchemteacher
Community Member

Quizzes that have not been graded show an automatic grade. As an instructor, I have to go into speedgrader and check if the grade displayed in the gradebook is the score that student received after I graded or only the automatic grade.

JenniferAllen1
Community Explorer

Please update this feature! I have reverted back to Classic Quizzes because I need this feature.

When a student has missed a quiz day, I must manually grade their quiz in order to remember to update that grade in our separate grade software (Harmony). In order to do so, I manually add an essay question. This essay question serves as a notification for each new quiz attempt. 

With New Quizzes, the grade is updated on Canvas, without my having done anything about the essay question. Then students and parents question me about why they have a grade on Canvas, but still have a zero on Harmony for the same assignment.

gordon
Community Participant

Please make this happen,  As an Admin it is hard to justify to my constituents, why any assignment/quiz or submission that needs to be graded would not automatically be required of all LTI assignments with a Due Date or needs grading.  Make it so!